Thursday, January 12, 2012

Creative Fun


A little creativity can go a long way! As a disability activist, I’ve spent a lot of time and energy figuring out how to be creative to deal with barriers and even people’s attitudes. This kind of creativity can drain my energy fast. That’s why it’s also important to find creative ways that give me energy too.  
One of my favorite things about living more simply is getting creative to have fun or express gratitude or love.

For Christmas we saved glass bottles for months and bought a can of backboard spray-paint. We then tapped off a section on the glass, sprayed it the section and the lid. We then filled the jar with homemade, vegan granola. Then when people had enjoyed the granola they could then re-use the jar for left-overs or other items and label it.  If they used it for leftovers, they could label it with the date it was made.

 Then, what to do with the left over spray-paint you might ask? We have an outdoor plastic table we found at a local thrift store. We decided to paint the top with spray-paint. My niece almost exploded with excitement to spend time drawing all over the table!


My grown-up friends loved it too. I mean, who doesn’t like to doodle and make their mark. My partner and I have enjoyed leaving each other messages, both sweet and funny. Who knew one can of spray-paint could provide hundreds of hours of fun!    

No comments:

Post a Comment